Thursday, January 8, 2009

He spoils me


Have I mentioned that HH spoils me? He's a doll and most of the time I don't think I deserve him.

He gave me a bee-yoo-tee-full bicycle last September and we did a spinning class together. It was great fun , but I didn't ride during the holidays when I went on vacation to see Dad, and then let life get in the way of exercise. Well, I just started another spin class and I'm really having fun. Hopefully this can take the place of running since I don't think I'll be able to run marathon distances anymore.

I'm considering doing some long rides this year. I know for sure that I want to do a metric century (100 km or 66 miles), and I'm considering doing a regular century (100 miles in 1 day). I don't know what draws me to these endurance events, maybe since I know I'll never be fast I might as well be out there longer than most everyone else? We'll see.

If you see someone out riding and they have a knitting bag with them, It's probably me!


Slowly (on wheels)
d

5 comments:

limpingalong said...

OK, so I'm a little slow. After seeing that lovely little spinning wheel you published earlier, I assumed you and HH took a "spinning" class together -- as in yarn! Evidently, that wasn't correct! I think you were talking about a bicycle class -- right?

Anyway, I'm home again!

Anonymous said...

Hi SloKnit. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad that I can be inspirational. And you are right, I can be the athlete that I've always wanted to be. Who cares about those people who can do endurance events quickly??!!! It takes real endurance to do a marathon in 6+ hours or a century in 9 or 10. Hee Hee

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention that I LOVE your fly ride! Is that a Madone? So jealous...

limpingalong said...

You might like
http://woolonthebrain.blogspot.com

limpingalong said...

Found a site you may like -
http://strikkstrikk.blogspot.com/
similar interests to you

Hope all is well with you!