Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I’m Baaaack

HI All,

I know it's been a long time since I posted but I figure it's about time. I've been busy since my last post. I've knit a few doilies, ridden my bike, learned to spin a bit of yarn on my spinning wheel, and added new responsibilities at work. It all added up so that I just didn't find time to blog.

Recently HH had a crash on his bike and I felt so bad for him that I felt guilty about getting on my bike so I didn't ride for around 6 or 8 weeks. He's getting better and yesterday he went to the Foot Dr. and got the okay to start riding. (Yahoo!)

When I looked at the blog recently I realized that I didn't get off my bottom, I wouldn't reach my goal of doing a century this year. So to that end I decided to join Team in Training (TnT). TnT is a really neat organization, in that they train you to do an endurance event in exchange for your raising funds for the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

My event will be the Tour De Poway on October 4th, 2009.

I did my first team workout last Saturday and I had a lot of fun. We met in Mission Bay and rode around Fiesta Island learning about pacelines and getting to know one another. We did 17 miles and I was thrilled.

I'll get more details up soon but if you'd like to help me meet my Goal of raising $1800 please go to my fundraising page. Remember that everything you donate is tax deductible.

Go Slowly,

D

2 comments:

limpingalong said...

Really glad to see you back blogging. I'm visiting in San Angelo with my Mom -- we leave tomorrow morning and head back to Austin. Sweetie is joining us there so we can be together for the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Glad you are back to riding!

limpingalong said...

OK, time to come baaaack again!